Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Collection Corner: "the Balm"

Hello Lovelies!

 As a huge fan of makeup and a huge collector, I tend to have a few (or many!) makeup items from a bunch of different brands (Duh!). But today I plan to focus on one of my favorites, The Balm. 

 This makeup brand can be found online at http://www.thebalm.com/ and they have been rumored to be sold at TJ Maxx, but I have yet to confirm that. Also, they are sold from time to time, at a very discounted price, on HauteLook  (everything I've bought has been from HauteLook). You can register free for this website at http://www.hautelook.com/short/3OD0a, (I recommend this website a lot, and no I'm not affiliated or sponsored in any way).

But anyway, on to the collection! 
Now I understand this isn't the biggest collection of makeup but 7 products was enough at least to start a collection blog post, right? Oh well, that's besides the point. As you can see in the pictures above I have two eye shadow palettes, four blushes and one highlight. (If you want a more in depth review of any of the products mentioned, definitely let me know).

So let's start with the eye shadow palettes


Rockstar Palette - $39.50
So cute how it has a play-off-word of different musicians/bands. This palette has a mixture of shimmer and mattes (some more satin feeling). The highlight is obviously shimmery and is the same color as the highlight I will show you in a little bit. The blush is sort of a matte finish and reminds me a lot of an upcoming blush too. The lip stains are pretty sheer but can be buildable. (Again, if you'd like to see a more in depth review of any or all of these products please let me know! This is more of a haul rather than a review).

Nude 'Tude - $36.00
How can you not love the censored bar/eye shadows of the packaging! Wins me everytime! Again, this is a mixture of shimmery and matte eye shadows.This palette also goes from light to dark (left to right) which I think is brilliant. (Do you want swatches?)

Now on to blush (these also claim to be able to use as a shadow too, I have yet to try that)!

Cabana Boy - $21.00
This subtle, shimmery, dusty rose blush is a great edition for the upcoming fall months. 


Frat Boy - $21.00
This matte, coral-peach blush will be sure to suit any skin tone!


Down Boy - $21.00
Such a pretty, basic, essential baby pink blush!


Hot Mama! - $20.00
This blush is sure to win you over (and is probably their most known). The peachy-pink alone is enough to go 'gaga' for, but adding in the slight gold shimmer is something unique about this particular blush!

Lastly, we'll move onto highlight (which can also be used as a shadow and works GREAT as both).


Mary-Lou Manizer - $24.00
Giving the skin an obvious glow, this honey toned highlight is very pigmented.

So there you go, a quick little haul, or "collection" of all the products I own from the brand the Balm. I feel like this is an overall great makeup brand and you definitely get your money's worth with the amount of product in each package (maybe enough to last a lifetime....maybe). Swatches are already made! If you guys want me to post them, let me know! :)

Thank you for reading! And give me some feedback on how I'm doing, and what you'd like to see in the future! Have a wonderful day! 



No comments: