Thursday, September 5, 2013

New L'Oreal Colour Riche Le Matte and La Laque Lip Colors Reviews & Swatches

Hello my lovelies!

Today I'm here to talk about the new limited edition L'Oreal Color Rich Le Matte and La Laque lip colors! They caught my eye at Target and I had to snatch a few up to share. 
When seeing the display, there appeared to be 8 colors in this line, 4 matte and 4 laque (shiny/glossy finish). There were a few pinks, a majority of reds/red-like colors, and a few nudes. The two shades that I thought I'd start with are 409- Matte For Me (top in picture above) as well as 411- Never Laque-ing (bottom in picture above). Obviously I wanted to try one from each "texture", if you will, so I landed on these two to test out. I got them for $7.99 each at Target but I'm pretty sure they range anywhere from $7-10, depending on the store.
 These are twist up lip crayons that almost mimic the raved about jumbo lip pencils but they also have a slimmed point at the tip that helps your precision when applying.

409- Matte for me is a corally red shade (I'm terrible at describing, I will get better. Swatches are below) and is the matte shade of the two. It claims (as well as the other mattes in the line) to have a velvety texture and to be full coverage. In my testing them I can definitely tell you that it holds up to these claims! This color went on so smoothly and had GREAT coverage. It also applied very evenly as well. When put on lips you can definitely tell it dries, but does it comfortably. To me it almost feels like a satin finish, especially when first applying.
Throughout the day they also seemed to wear pretty evenly which is something everyone (at least a majority) looks for in a lip color. (You don't want that weird line of no color on your lips.....)
409 Matte For Me^
The other color I picked up was 411- Never Laque-ing. This is more of an everyone-can-wear-it shade. It's a nice, I would almost say dusty rose pink (forgive my descriptions). It claims to have a shiny finish and also be a full coverage lip color. Again, I can say with confidence, that they are spot on with these statements. 

Never Laque-ing has an amazing, creamy texture when applied to lips and definitely has shine! It's a beautiful color.
411- Never Laque-ing^
FINAL THOUGHTS: In my opinion these are great lip colors and they feel like butter when applying! I'm definitely going to go and pick up more shades when I get the chance.

GRADE: A
 Unfortunately, as stated above, L'Oreal has said on their display that they are limited edition. This makes me really sad because they are such lovely lip products! So I'd advise you to go and snatch them while you have the chance!

What do you think of the new L'Oreal Colour Riche Le Matte and La Laque Lip colors? Let me know!

(This is my first blog post and I'd love feedback so tell me how I did in the comments below!)

No comments: