Saturday, September 28, 2013

DUPE ALERT: Mac Rebel

Why, hello there!
Quick blog post because I'm too excited to wait.

So as we all know, Fall is here, (finally!), and that means it's time to break out all the "deeper" and "darker" makeup (even if it's too hot to wear sweaters and scarves, sad face). Recently, I've purchased the lipstick Rebel from Mac. I know, I'm late on the bandwagon on this one, but I wasn't sure if it would look good with my hair color and/or skin color. But, low and behold, I went into Mac (I get in so much trouble there) and tried it on, and I ended up really liking it. It is more out of my comfort zone and I didn't think I had any other color like it (until now).

Today, I tried to clean out my lipstick collection and found another "plummy" shade. At first I just threw it aside and then decided to take a double look at it. I swatched it on my hand and was shocked by the color. I rushed to go get Mac Rebel and I found myself a pretty close dupe! Yay!

Left: Mac Rebel // Right: Wet 'n' Wild 908C

Mac Rebel: $15.00 // Wet 'n' Wild 908C: $1.99
Now that's an incredible difference in price.

These two shade may not look like too similar in the packaging. It seems as though Mac Rebel is more plum and 908C is more of a red-ish shade. But, once you swatch it, it becomes a whole different story.
                                     Top: Rebel // Bottom: 908C (both above pictures) with flash
Left: Rebel // Right: 908C (above without flash)

In my opinion this is an amazing dupe, especially when swatching them. But I really wanted to put them to the test and decided to apply them to my lips.
 Without Flash // Top lip: Mac Rebel // Bottom Lip: 908C (excuse my peeling nose)
With Flash //Top lip: Mac Rebel // Bottom Lip: 908C (excuse the uneven lipstick line)

Now I did notice that Mac Rebel did apply much more easily and smooth. While both of them had the same pigmentation, I felt like 908C was a little drying on the lips and felt the need to apply some sort of moisturizing lip balm/gloss to my lips. Overall, though, these are incredible dupes of each other.

These lipsticks do act as stains if you have them on your lips long enough. Even when I tried to scrub my lips with a makeup remover/soap it left a baby pink tint on my lips (which was not what I was expecting).

Have you found this dupe already? Do you have any other dupes you'd like to share? Should I make this a series when I find more dupes?  Leave them in the comments below as well as suggestions for future posts! 

Time for sleep, Goodnight!




No comments: